Thanks for taking a moment to browse through the ramblings of a husband/father/pastor. Some days, I might choose to rant; other days, I may choose to rave; but every day, I will choose to rejoice, because "It Is What It Is!"

Monday, November 8, 2010

MONDAY MEMORIES

I sit here this quiet, chilly morning contemplating the events of the past few days with an attitude of gratitude.  Of course, everyone knows that last week as a monumental week in the world of domestic politics.  On election night, as the results came pouring in, we watched as the GOP regained overwhelming control in the House, and narrowed the margin of control in the Senate.  Yet, when all the results were in, my mind pondered the same question, "Will this really make a difference?"  In my heart I want to believe that it will, but it my head something tells me that it won't, because we've heard and seen it all before. 

The issue is not political party, nor is it the answer to the problems in this country.  The issue is moral and spiritual purity that can only be regained if God, the One who has so richly blessed this great land, is put back in His proper place.  Until He is allowed back in schools, we will continue to have shootings, drugs, out of control delinquents, and low educational standards.  Until He is allowed back into the justice system, we will continue to murder millions of precious lives who have been "fearfully and wonderfully made" by their Creator.  We cannot separate the natural from the spiritual.  We cannot separate the economical from the eternal.  We cannot separate vision from values.  We "reap" what we have "sown," are sowing and will continue to sow. 

Had a good day in God's house on yesterday.  The house was near capacity, and God gave me liberty to preach a tough message, "The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly" from 1 Cor. 2-3 dealing with the "natural man," the "spiritual man," and the "carnal man."  I pray that the seed was sown on good ground, and that God will get the increase all to Himself. 

I learned a long time ago that I am not the Holy Spirit.  I cannot change hearts.  I cannot convert hearts.  I cannot challenge hearts.  I can only do what He has called me to do, and that is faithfully declare the "unsearchable riches of Christ," then allow Him to do what only He, and He alone, can do.  I pray that took place yesterday.

The battered and bruised Indianapolis Colts went down to the Philadelphia Eagles 26-24 last evening.  It was a game they should not have lost.  They are now 5-3, and unless some key players get healthy fast, this may be one of the worst seasons the Colts have had in the past 10 years.  While I am saddened, I do find some comfort in the fact that the Jaguars are 4-4 (and won't win many more games) and the Cowboys are 1-7.  Thanks be to God.

Today is a day of personal matters.  I have many things to do to prepare for life on the road over the next couple of weeks...oil change, brake inspections, tires rotated and balance, and wheel alignment.   Praying for "mercy and grace in time of need." 

I go out today with this thought in my hearts...."Without Him, I can't.  Without me, He won't!"

Grace and Peace,

Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment