Thanks for taking a moment to browse through the ramblings of a husband/father/pastor. Some days, I might choose to rant; other days, I may choose to rave; but every day, I will choose to rejoice, because "It Is What It Is!"

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DIVINE INTERRUPTION

Yesterday was an interesting day.  Let me rephrase that.  Yesterday was an interruption day...Divine Interruption.  If you were to look at my planner, you would have seen that yesterday was a day of meetings.  I arrived at the church for the first meeting, (a few minutes late as usual) only to discover that my first appointment was running late as well.  I waited....and waited....and waited...and waited a few more minutes.  Finally, after 40 minutes I concluded that this meeting would not take place.  Normally, I would not wait on an appointment for 40 minutes, especially when other things were on the docket.  I can't tell you why I waited this time either, or maybe I can.

I know now what I did not know then.  God interrupted my plans for His own.  About the time I was walking out to get into my car, a car that I quickly recognized pulled in the parking lot.  I hadn't seen this car, or the person driving the car, in a good while, but I quickly recognized them both nonetheless.  At first thought, I was a little apprehensive.  For one thing, though they were a member of our church, they had not attended in some time.  For another thing, the last time I saw them, let me suffice it to say that it was a strange encounter.  Thus, my apprehension was due to the fact that I had no clue what they wanted, or what God was doing.

However, for the next 2 hours, God unveiled why I waited on a no-show appointment, and why He had kept me from leaving.  Fences were mended.  Apologies were accepted.  Tears were shed.  Misunderstandings were clarified.  The air was cleared.  And, God was glorified.  Had I left 5 minutes sooner, the divine interruption would not have taken place.  But, the God who is not controlled by time or circumstance had other plans.  I'm glad He did.  I was quickly reminded that:

"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." (Prov. 16: 9)

My schedule had been interrupted by a divine arrangement, appointment and assignment. It was not anticipated; but it is certainly appreciated.

To God be the Glory!

Grace and Peace,


Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment