Thanks for taking a moment to browse through the ramblings of a husband/father/pastor. Some days, I might choose to rant; other days, I may choose to rave; but every day, I will choose to rejoice, because "It Is What It Is!"

Monday, October 18, 2010

TIMES OF REFRESHING

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."  (Acts 3: 19)


By the time Sunday night rolls around, I am making progress if I can even remember who I am, and what I had for lunch.  Preaching 3 times on Sunday drains me, even more so the older I get.  I'm not complaining, because there's nothing else I would rather do.  When a preacher is who you are, preaching is what you do.  It's a "fire shut up in my bones."  Last night was no exception.  I remember driving home from church, with Noah navigating for me, and he was chatting a mile a minute.  I remember hearing his voice, and I remember him talking about everything from girls to BCS rankings to the Colts' game we were rushing home to see, but don't ask me for details, because I just can't remember.  I was a zombie.

I made it in, showered, changed, relaxed, plopped down on the sofa and started watching the Colts game.  I was still a zombie, that is until the Colts fumbled 4 times and almost gave the Redskins a victory.  Finally, everyone started winding down.  Noah got quiet, which means he is either pouting is sleepy.  Kim had finished making her egg salad and was on the computer.  My mother-in-law had already retired for the night.  So, there in my zombie state, I began reflecting on the day the Lord had given me the privilege to be a part of at NBBC.

I will not attempt to describe or explain it lest I put unholy hands on holy things.  I will simply suffice it to say that "Jesus Passed By."  When the evening service came to a close, we had been privileged to witness 13 souls saved, 5 rededications, and 2 surrender to preach the gospel.  It was a God thing!  The Big Preacher grabbed the microphone, and the little preacher just tried to get out of His way.  I was in the presence of the Holy One of Israel, and I stood amazed at watching Him work right before my eyes.

When all the lights were out, the game was over, the television turned off, and the cell phone put on the charger, I laid in the dark, still a zombie, but with these words running from my heart to my head, ""Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."

My weary body was still being refreshed by His wonderful presence.  Thanks be to God!

Grace and Peace,

Pastor Steve

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your blog brotha. Your friendship means a great deal to me and I appreciate God allowing our paths to cross. Praising God with you for showing up in such a mighty way at NBBC today.

    He's worthy to be praised. May you continue to sharpen your skills and use this medium as a tool to further the kingdom's agenda. Whether "ranting or raving, it is what it is brotha!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you doc. Can't describe how grateful I am that God allowed our friendship to unfold. I am proud to call you a colleage, confidant, fellow soldier, and dear friend. I look forward to watching how God uses you in your upcoming assignment. Love you bro.

    ReplyDelete